New Directions Educational Solutions is an approved vendor for the Revised ELA Guidebooks located on the Louisiana Curriculum Hub. Our training materials have been reviewed and accepted by the Louisiana Curriculum Review Team. We can provide training and classroom support customized to meet the needs of your teachers.
Check out all of the Tier 1 Curricula that we support in the LDOE Vendor's Guide for Professional Development.
Our Work Involves Supporting and Improving Teaching and Learning We provide support for teachers including actionable feedback, modeling, co-teaching, coaching, and PLCs, to include:
• Assisting teachers with adequately planning to provide Tier I instruction with fidelity
• Helping teachers with shoulder-to-shoulder unpacking of units, annotating lesson plans, modeling and coaching lessons, and frontloading information for struggling learners
• Utilizing foundational supports (FIRE, LIFT), guided reading, writing strategies and fluency tasks
• Supporting teachers in helping students think at a higher conceptual level
• Monitoring pacing and progress monitoring to inform instruction
• Supporting teachers with differentiating for students based on needs gathered from diagnostic and formative assessment data
• Increasing effective instructional time
• Implementing strategies to effectively address and prevent unfinished learning in an equitable way
• Repeating the constant cycle of analyzing data, customized planning, implementing plan, and consistent monitoring
• Providing actionable feedback frequently to improve instruction and learning
• Assisting teachers with utilizing CER writing strategies and scoring methods
• Providing resources and strategies to prepare students for state assessments
• Communicating frequently with leaders and instructional coaches
NDES analyzes formative data frequently in addition to Beginning of the Year, Middle of the Year, and End of the Year data for grades/subject(s) supported for agreements of 10 or more days to adjust and improve our work.
New Directions consultants implement a process that enables a continuous cycle of learning with adjustments based on observation and outcome data.
Our coaches lead teachers through identifying goals based on data, designing and implementing plans using Tier 1 Curriculum resources, tracking results, assessing impact, and enhancing the plan on an ongoing basis
New Directions consultants apply their expertise collaboratively with school personnel to set goals and create a detailed plan of action focused on the following areas:
● Fidelity to Tier 1 high quality curricula used to prepare for instruction, including unpacking units, pacing, annotating lesson plans and identifying research based supports for diverse learners
● Effective lessons for all students that target achievement gaps
● Writing skills with intentional structures
● Interventions and foundational skills based on data to increase literacy
● Assessments reflective of instruction and learning
● Collective analysis of student work and needs
● Reflections by teachers of their own practice
New Directions Educational Solutions also provides professional development, coaching, and modeling for after-school program teachers.
For additional information on how we can customize job embedded or virtual professional development for your school or district, please contact Ginger Merritt, Sales and Marketing CEO for New Directions Educational Solutions, at (318)-614-4224 or (318)282-0651 or at
Copyright © 2023 New Directions Educational Solutions - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder