New Directions Educational Solutions’ Concentrated Needs Assessment will support your school’s continuous cycle of improvement by providing an external view on all of your efforts to foster student achievement. Our concentrated needs assessment identifies detailed essentials based on stakeholder interviews, surveys, focus groups, data analysis, text engagement and classroom observations using evidenced based practices.
After-school program audit snapshots are also provided by New Directions Educational Solutions to provide a snapshot of academic strengths and needs. These reports give providers an insight for adjusting instruction to meet the needs of all students in the program.
For additional information on how we can customize job embedded professional development for your school or district, please contact Ginger Merritt, Director for New Directions Educational Solutions, at 318-614-4224
New Directions consultants implement a process that enables a continuous cycle of learning with adjustments based on observation and outcome data.
Our coaches lead teachers through identifying goals based on data, designing and implementing plans using Tier 1 Curriculum resources, tracking results, assessing impact, and enhancing the plan on an ongoing basis.
New Directions consultants apply their expertise collaboratively with school personnel to set goals and create a detailed plan of action and shoulder to shoulder support focused on the following areas:
● Fidelity to Tier 1 high quality curricula used to prepare for instruction, including unpacking units, pacing, annotating lesson plans and identifying research based supports for diverse learners
● Literacy practices that utilize interventions and foundational skills
● Effective lessons for all students that target achievement gaps in diverse learners
● Writing strategies including Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning
● Utilizing backward design to ensure instruction and learning are based on assessments
● Collective analysis of student work and needs
● Reflections by teachers of their own practice
For additional information on how we can customize job embedded or virtual professional development for your school or district, please contact Ginger Merritt, Sales and Marketing CEO for New Directions Educational Solutions, at (318)-614-4224 or at